Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 18 October 2010

I lost one wisdom last year and another one this year.

Like what the title says, yes I had my 2nd wisdom tooth extracted yesterday afternoon. I had 4-5 injections before the extraction, 2 antibiotics and 2 panadol. There were some other stuff he put on my gums to make it numb. So if you were to ask me if the extraction was painful, I would say no. It's because I couldn't feel anything. All I know is that he kept on drilling and drilling, then I could feel him taking out my wisdom tooth. It wasn't painful, but my neck, left cheeks and eyes were swollen. My eyes were so red I thought it looked like infection.

You know what was painful? The injections! I hated it. I've always hated injections. This time was much more scary although I've expected it since it was my 2nd time already. When I saw him took the injection near to my mouth, I closed my eyes. & every time he takes it out and when I open my eyes, he'll bring another one near to my mouth again. It happened 4 times. Horror much? :O Yea, bout the pain; I could feel the liquid flowing in my veins. I even felt it in my neck. Maybe that's why it's painful now.

There were no pain, just numbness when I went home. After a few hours, say like 2-3 hours later, the numbness wore off and the effect of the pain killer wasn't there anymore. So by then, I felt the pain and it was seriously painful! Not as painful as the last time I took out my 1st wisdom tooth but it was still painful!

Btw, am I suppose to avoid straws? My dental surgeon said I can use a straw but when I googled it, many websites said that I should't be using a straw because it will cause a dry socket.

On another note, my braces dentist said that it is possible to correct my bite/gap using the Damon braces provided I had my 2 wisdom tooth taken out. But according to my dental surgeon, he said it's quite impossible to correct my gap because it is quite a huge gap (8mm according to him) and I have abnormal bone structure. I have no idea what that is but I hope that the braces will work. I hope the pain and money is worth it. Surgery is definitely not an option for me. Reasons are it's costly and it'll be superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr painful. It's a major surgery you see. Gosh.

*Prays hard!*

Now I look like I have a fishball stuck at the left side of my cheeks. Lol -.-

xx

13 comments:

XING said...

can we choose not to remove that wisdom tooth?

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

Of course! Unless it's bothering you. I had no choice because I had to close my gap.

Lachmanasegran said...

owh!!
im excited to get mine removed..been bugging me for a year now!!
GAH!

erm..gratz on the removal..hehe

Ronnie said...

Wisdom tooth... actually most of the wisdom tooth are all useless, will grow sideways, decay and so on... but it is still called wisdom tooth !

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

@loves fashiondiva xoxo Hello! Lol you better be brave enough the endure the pain. I won't say that it isn't painful. In fact, it was very painful!Be prepared to eat soft food for a few days.

@Ronnie LOL! Maybe the person who named it wisdom tooth thought it was full of wisdom last time. :D

Jaerragus said...

Ow... not so wise anymore huh...LOLz jk jk

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

@jaerragus LOL yea! Haha

Sharon Foo said...

i hate injection!

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

@Sharon ME TOO!! :( The needles damn huge! & the whole thing is metal one. Like double or triple the size of a normal needle! :O

Jia Min said...

When I was reading your post, I felt the pain too! DDD:

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

@Jiamin Aww, thanks! But don't worry, it's healing already. Faster than I expected :D

excalade89 said...

That's not wisdom, that's PAIN. I'm now having it, urgh!

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

@Victor LOL!