Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Recipe #2: Spirals with Sesame Oil Basil-ed Potatoes



Hello all! I'm back! Back to college, back to studying but last but not least, back to COOKING! :D

You know, cooking always makes me happy whenever I'm down. If it turns out good, I'll be so happy! :D Maybe I should take up Culinary Arts instead of ACCA -.- I dislike ACCA to the max. Anyway, back to topic.

I JUST COOKED SOME PASTA FOR MY TEA TIME! :D

I was soooooooooooooooooooooo effing hungry, so I decided I should cook something to eat. FYI, most of my pasta styles are the same. But today, I added some new ingredients, so it has a total different taste in it.

Take a look at the pictures :)





Tempted to know my own made recipe? ;)
Okay, I'm feeling generous today, so I'll spill it.

SPIRALS WITH SESAME OIL BASIL POTATOES
Ingredients:
Spirals, Potatoes, Garlic, Oats, Pepperone, Oregano, Basil, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil, Hot Chili Powder and Salt

Step by step:
1. Boil a pot of water and sprinkle some salt in it. Put in the spirals and wait for it to cook. It's cooked when the pasta soften.

2. While waiting for the spiral to soften, cut your potatoes and soak it in salt water.

3. Take the spiral out after it's cooked and put a teaspoon of olive oil so that the spirals won't stick together. Next, use the remaining boiled water and boil your potatoes instead.

4. Once boiled, drain the water out of the pot. Make sure you separate the potatoes from the spirals because we're going to be cooking it at a different time.

5. Put some olive oil in a frying pan. Not too much alright. Maybe 2 tablespoon would do.

6. After the oil heats up, put garlic, hot chili powder, salt, pepperones and oregano in the pan and stir fry it until the garlic turns light brown. NOT TOO LONG, okay?

7. Add in potatoes and a tablespoon full of oats and mix together with the garlic. Stir fry it again until potatoes turn a lil brown.

8. It's time for the spirals to go into the pan! Mix everything together and add basil. Do add a pinch of salt, some hot chili powder, pepperones and oregano again. You wouldn't want your pasta to be tasteless :)

9. Mix, mix, mix until you think it's ready.

10. Pour it all out on a plate and serve with cheese. Please do not use sour cheese! The one I used was sour though. But it's not recommended unless you want a sour taste in your pasta.

***

Yeap, that's it.. Simple, no? Whatchu waiting for? Go try it now and tell me how did it turn out! :D

XX

8 comments:

chris federick said...

Looks good :)

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

Chris- Aww thank you :) It sure is to me :D

Calvin Ong said...

thanks for sharing! i'm gonna follow your steps and try it out! nanged and visited :)

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

Calvin- Welcome. Haha I hope my steps will be clear enough and it'll turn out as good as mine :D

Merrinette said...

/slurps XD

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

Merrinette- Thank you :D

Catherine Faith said...

WAH! SO YUMMY!
I WANTTTT!!!!! Cook for me PUHLEASEEEEE!!!XDDDDD

P/S:update your blog oso pls..=P LOL!<3

ツ lyииιє-т ღ said...

Cat, plan a pot luck then maybe I'll cook it :D hehe. I dunno what to update anymore!!! :S